Monday, May 16, 2011

Beyond the Pale of Knit & Purl








Knit 1, purl 1.  Knit 2, purl 2.  Purl 2, knit 1, purl 2 . . . .  after a while you just want to bust a move and break out of the monotony of knit and purl.  I ventured beyond the pale to try two new stitches and love both of them: lattice stitch and honeycomb stitch.  The two projects above were trial runs made with Blue Sky Alpacas Organic Cotton in Poppy.  The top one is a scarf in honeycomb stitch that I made for my friend Teresa in Los Angeles.  The bottom one is a baby blanket for my friends Rodney and Carolyn in Atlanta who just had baby twins, Vera and Beck.  I think that both projects will become a staple at the little bee marketplace and will be available this fall. 

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful pattern.. The texture is lovely. I stopped into a yarn shop in half moon bay .. The yarns feel so good in your hands.. I totally understand your passion...

    ReplyDelete